Minutes of Committee meeting held on Zoom at 8pm Thursday 25 February
- Scott Mather Chairman
- Martin Yarrow Treasurer
- Kieran Campbell Sites Officer
- Cathal Redmond Safety Officer
- Adrian Smith Covid Officer
- Chairmans Report. Brief introduction and reported on failed attendance of SHPF AGM on Skype. Advising prospective members on routes into paragliding in current circumstances.
- Secretary Report. Not present nothing forwarded.
- Treasurers Report. 42 members signed up via the Cardpay direct debit scheme. Will send an email to all members prior to annual membership being drawn next year 2022, as cardpay had not. Bank Balance circa £4100.
- Sites Officer. Drone Technologies Ltd have plans to operate a drone port from Montrose
airfield behind the dunes. They had submitted a request to the Civil Aviation Authority for a Temporary Danger Area over flying part of the dunes and forming an arc out to sea. This had not succeeded due to a number of reasons and Tom Hardie from the BHPA was advising us going forward.
Seasonal site updates for St Cyrus and Glen Clova and any other possible issues will be
updated on Whatsapp group.
- Safety Officer. Talked about the possible rustyness of a number of flyers and in particular
newer flyers due to covid and winter layoff. Will try and encourage flyers to ground handle
and inspect equipment thoroughly prior to flying. Discussion on anonymous reporting of
- Covid Officer. Updated us on current situation and when we may expect changes to come in going forward. In essence at present stay home unless for exercise, no car sharing etc.
- AOCB See if a reserve repack will be possible when covid guidance allows us.
Encourage coaching and sitting of exams.
See if Scottish Hangliding and Paragliding Federation are interested in hold a club coach
course in next year.
Thursday May 20 2021 8pm Zoom